Veterans Tax Exemptions

Active Duty Exemption 

Application for motor vehicle property tax exemption or exemption benefit for Connecticut residents on active military duty who are stationed outside the State of Connecticut.

Veteran's Exemption 

Veterans are reminded that they must file their honorable discharge papers (DD214) with the Town Clerk prior to October 1, in order to have an exemption applied to the next July's tax bill. This applies only to veterans who have not previously filed.

Additional Veteran Exemptions are available to qualified individuals. Inquiries should be directed to the Assessor's Office. Filing period is February 1st to October 1st of any year.

How to get military service records including DD214.  

How next of kin can request military records.