• Education
  • Business & Commerce
  • Municipal Government
  • Community
  • Emergency Services

Office of the Town Clerk

Kim Garvis, CMC, CCTC, MCTC
Town Clerk  
O:860.349-3453 F: 860.343.6733     

Alicia C. Fonash-Willett
Assistant Town Clerk/IT Coordinator

Hours:  *
M-F 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesdays 8:30am -7:00pm (Except during July and August 8:30-4:30 M-F)

* December 1st:  Town Clerk's office opening at 12:30pm due to State of Connecticut required Vitals Training.

November 3, 2015 Municipal Election

The Municipal Election will be held on November 3, 2015 from 6:00am to 8:00pm at Korn Elementary School.
2015 Municipal Election Sample Ballot
2015 Municipal Election Legal Notice
Poll Location:
Korn Elementary School 144 Pickett Lane, Durham, CT

Election Information

2012 Redistricting Map 
Redistricting Street Listing
Absentee Ballot (Regular Referendum, Election, Primary):
Absentee Ballot for Referendum with Less than Three Weeks Notice Emergency Absentee Ballot

Recording Information

Military Discharges - National Archives-Military Information
Military records request Form 180
Trade Name
Transfer Lists
Assessment Data

Vital Records

Vital Records 

Notary Service

Notary Public Services & Fees


Fish & Game Licenses
Dog Licenses
Peddler Permits

Legal Notices

Legal Notices

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is the Town Clerk’s office open late?
A. Yes, the Town Clerk’s office is open late on Tuesday nights, until 7:00 p.m. except during the summer months of July and August.

Q. How do I obtain information on a property in Durham?
A. The Town of Durham Website has information under “Assessment Information” about all parcels of land in the town. From this site you can print the “field card” and “assessor maps.” The field card is a summary of information on each property. The Volume and Page of the deed is noted on the field card.

Durham Land records are now online. You can view the index free of charge by going to the town's main webpage, clicking on "Online Services", then "Durham Land Records Online" then "Sign in as Guest" tab under the "Online Services" tab. To look at deeds and maps of properties visit the Town Clerk’s Office You may also sign up to receive notices with "PropertyCheck" (also under the Online Services tab) when land record documents are filed with the town clerk's office using your name.

Q. Where do I get a dog license and do I need one every year?
A. You obtain the dog license from the Town Clerk’s office. You must bring in paperwork from the vet showing, 1) rabies expiration date, and, 2) spaying or neutering. You may also obtain a dog license by mail as long as you provide the same information as above, payment, and self-addressed stamped envelope. Connecticut State Law requires that all dogs be licensed every June (current fee for fixed dog is $8.00, current fee for unfixed dog is $19.00). For every month after June there is a $1.00 late fee added per month.

Q. How do I obtain a Marriage License and what is the fee?
A. You must apply for a marriage license from the town clerk in the town you are to be married in. The marriage license costs $30.00. Both bride and groom must come in person and have proof of identity (driver’s license etc.).

Q. Is there a Notary in Town Hall and is there a fee?
A. There is a notary in the Town Clerk’s office and in the Building Department. There is no fee for Durham residents and a $5.00 fee for non-residents.

Q. What is the Post Office phone number in Durham?
A. (860) 349-3350

Q. When is the Durham Fair?
A. The Durham Fair is always the last FULL weekend in September.