The Durham Public Works Department will start its annual brush pick-up beginning the week of April 17, 2017. Residents should place brush along the curb prior to that date. Homeowners are reminded each house is limited to one truckload of brush. Please stack brush for easy and efficient pick-up following the guidelines below. The town crew will make ONE PASS ONLY
on each street.
Check this page and Residents of the Town of Durham, CT Facebook Page
Brush Pile Specifications:
- Piles need to be placed cut end toward the curb
- Piles cannot be stacked more than 4 feet tall.
- Brush must be less than 8 foot in total length.
- Trunks or branches are to be no larger than 4 inches in diameter.
- No processed wood or stumps.
- Do not place piles within 15 feet of any electrical transformers or phone/cable boxes that may be located along the roadside. Please be careful when working near power lines.
- Piles need to be located 10 feet from telephone poles and mail boxes.
Brush piles not conforming to these requirements will not be picked up. They will be left for the home owner to dispose of. The town crew will make ONE PASS ONLY on each street.
The intent of the annual spring brush pick-up is to allow the homeowner to pick up branches and limbs that have fallen naturally over the course of the winter onto their property. Land clearing or evidence of newly cut trees does not comply with these regulations. These types of piles will not be removed by the town crew. If you have a question or need additional information please call the Public Works Department at 860-349-1816 during the hours of 8am to 3pm.